We often consider WordPress for all the good reasons whenever the idea of starting a blog or a website comes into our mind. You will be surprised that WordPress, after its initial release in 2003 has made many amendments to be the most suitable blogging platform on the web and now in 2019, it is considered as one of the most popular and reliable Content Management System (CMS) as it powers more than 30% of the web.
So we bring you a simple guide to start a website with WordPress.
For beginners, WordPress is open-source software that means anyone can download and use the software. Another good reason for using WordPress is that it is absolutely free. You just have to pay for WordPress hosting and can enjoy premium themes and plugins. The plus point is you will never have to pay software publishers any license fee.
Start a Website with WordPress
- You will need a domain name for your blog or website.
- If you don’t have the domain already, you can easily register a URL of your own.
- You can choose one which you think is suitable for your site from the domain registration service providers. For example, go to Vibrahost and check the domain name availability and select accordingly.
- After finalizing the domain name, go through the line of shared hosting plans and choose which fits your budget and storage requirements and Click “Add to Cart” on the desired plan.
- Click on “Register a new domain,” and enter your required URL into the search box. It will bring all the possible domain names associated with your search so you can pick the fitting Top-Level Domain (TLD) for your site. Just make sure to keep search engines’ best practices for domains when making your choice.
- You’ll be required to choose your term or how often you’d like to be charged for hosting: Monthly, Quarterly, Annually or Every 3 years. Annual plan comes with a free domain.
- Enter your billing details and contact information required
- Choose from a range of payment options: Jazzcash, Easypaisa, Bank Transfer, Paypal & Credit/ Debit Card
- Once you’ve registered your payment details, click on the “Checkout”
Enjoy! You have successfully registered your domain and signed up for web hosting, now you are ready to start building your website.
It normally needs a few minutes for the installation to your website’s database to fully complete. Meanwhile, you’ll receive an email containing further guidance on configuring your new WordPress software. You will also get a link to make your new WordPress password.
Simple Guide to Get Started with your New Site
As you have already created your own new site, you might have notice that your website looks pretty empty. This is because you have to choose a theme and start putting content on the website. So here is a simple guide to your new WordPress website.
Log in WordPress Dashboard
Log into the WordPress backend by going to [yourdomainname].com/wp-admin using the WordPress login credentials you established post-installation.
Now, you will find yourself in the WordPress dashboard, where the world is your oyster. From here, you can make a title for your website and choose an overall theme for your website.
Select a WordPress Theme
Selecting the best theme maybe as it will create the outlook of your blog or website and how does it appears to end users. Luckily, the WordPress Theme Directory have a lot of free themes for your consideration that are also mobile-friendly at the same time. Now it all depends on your taste and preference that you want these tremendous designs for blogging, some special events or for your business.
Here is a guide to find a good theme according to your need:
- Click on “Appearance” option from the left hand side menu
- Click “Themes”
- Click “Add New” button
After that, you will see a plethora of different website layouts and color and font schemes. Once you choose a theme you like, simply click on the “Install” button to implement it.
Add Content to Your Website
Now that you have chosen the look for your website, it’s time to populate it with content. You need to see your site’s theme brought to life with words, so it’s a good idea to get something substantive up there as soon as you can.
Here is the simple process for adding posts
- Click on the “Posts” on the top left menu
- Then click “Add New” to start writing
From here you will see a window with the title “Add New Post.” Now you can start writing and once you are done. Click on the “Preview” option available on the right side of the window to see how it appears live on your website.
If you are satisfied with the outlook of your post, you are all set to click on the blue button “Publish” to upload it.